WEEK 5 - QUIZ ASSIGNMENT #1 - EMBEDDED PHOTOS

 Growing up I had three locations that were very special to me. Those locations were Taqueria Los Gallos, Mckinley Park, and the Super Mall on Pulaski Rd.

Los Gallos (Photo from unknown)

This place is special to me because when I was younger we had this tradition. Every Friday night we would have tacos de Los Gallos. We would sit at the dinner table, my mom, dad, brother and me. As we are eating together we would talk about our week. Then after we would sit in the living room and watch movies till the food gets to us and we fall asleep from being too full. The food was delicious and they would have some amazing bread that you can have as a dessert. We ate there so much that the owner knew our order and became a close family friend. It isn't the same as it was before but the food is still good and I would recommend. 


McKinley William Park (Photo from Chicago Park District website)

McKinley Park is where I would go with family and friends to have picnics and/or walk around. This is also where I would stop by and play basketball either by myself or with others. The park is adjacent to Brighton Park and Back of the Yards. It has two gymnasiums, an auditorium, swimming pool, soccer field, baseball field, basketball courts, ice skating rink, tennis court, and a playground. This park was in honor of William McKinley, the 25th President of the U.S. and the South Park Commission (SPC) had named this park a month after his assassination.

Super Mall (Photo from Super Mall website)


The Super Mall was a place my parents and me would go to a lot when I was younger. They have tons of different small stores inside and a food court. The reason we would like to go here is that there were mostly Mexican vendors and had stuff from Mexico like dresses, dishes and candies. Its the variety of the mall that makes it enjoyable. They have clothing, food, animals, jewelry, tech, etc. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts